Aaliyah: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Aaliyah | Girls
Origin of the name Aaliyah:
Variant of the Hebrew Aliyah (to ascend).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aaliyah? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aaliyah
- Comments and insights on the name Aaliyah: | Edit
My daughter is Aaliyah
I have a story and the main character is called Aaliyah! (:
- Personal experiences with the name Aaliyah: | Edit
My daughter Aaliyah is the sweetest when she is happy. Get her mad and se will scream. She is almost always looking to make be friends with people she meets for the first time, from shop attendants to guards to long-lost uncles and aunts. She likes to be the centre of attention. Not afraid of authority. Always inquisitive.
- Nicknames for Aaliyah: | Edit
Ally, Liyah, Aloo, Lulu, Lula, Yah Yah, Li, Liya, Aaliy
- Meanings and history of the name Aaliyah: | Edit
Aaliyah means exalted, high, and sublime. This name is of Arabic, American, African, Hebrew and origin.
- Famous real-life people named Aaliyah: | Edit
Aaliyah Dana Haughton - Vocalist and Actress
- Aaliyah in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!
Name Lists Featuring Aaliyah
Global Popularity of the Name Aaliyah
- #77 in United States
- #140 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #189 in Canada (Alberta)
- #211 in Scotland