Abigaille Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Abigaille
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abigaille
- Comments and insights on the name Abigaille: | Edit
It's a beautiful name
- Personal experiences with the name Abigaille: | Edit
- Nicknames for Abigaille: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Abigaille: | Edit
It means father rejoice (joy) in italian
- Famous real-life people named Abigaille: | Edit
A famous opera singer but I could not recall her last name
- Abigaille in song, story & screen: | Edit
It's in some songs but these songs are in French, and it's a characters name in a old Italian play/opera