Afra Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Afra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Afra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Afra
- Comments and insights on the name Afra: | Edit
Can also be spelt Aphra.
Is not short for Africa, Afro, Aphrodite, or Aphrodisac.
- Personal experiences with the name Afra: | Edit
It is my name.
- Nicknames for Afra: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Afra: | Edit
Latin, meaning "woman of Africa". Alternately, Arabic, meaning true child of the earth or female deer; doe
Originally used by the Romans as a nickname for a woman from Africa. This was the name of two early saints.
Means "whitish red" in Arabic.
- Famous real-life people named Afra: | Edit
St. Afra of Augsburg, Germany
Afra Tully, American actress
- Afra in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!