Agnetha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Agnes:
Derived from the Greek Hagnē, which is from hagnos (chaste, pure, sacred). The name was borne by a thirteen-year-old Roman martyred for her Christian beliefs during the reign of the Roman emperor Diocletian
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Agnetha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Agnetha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Agnetha
- Comments and insights on the name Agnetha: | Edit
the pronunciation of this name is A-NETHA.
- Personal experiences with the name Agnetha: | Edit
My name is Agnetha and I am from USA, a country where that name is really strange. People laughed at me because of that but I dont care because I was named like that after Agnetha Fältskog♥ I am glad:) So I tell you, Agnetha is the most beautiful name! Even my 1st name is Kimberly xD
- Nicknames for Agnetha: | Edit
I legally changed my name to this in 1981. I usually get called 'Anya' or 'Annie'.
- Meanings and history of the name Agnetha: | Edit
Scandinavian variant of AGNES
- Famous real-life people named Agnetha: | Edit
Agnetha Fältskog, Swedish singer from the '70s band ABBA (THE BEST SINGER EVER!)pron. A-netha
- Agnetha in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!