Aiko Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aiko? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aiko
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aiko
- Comments and insights on the name Aiko: | Edit
Aiko is Japanese for child of love. (Ai=love, ko=child)
I have always had a thing about girl names that end with o.It makes it sound like a boy name.
- Personal experiences with the name Aiko: | Edit
My mother's name is Aileen (pronounced exactly like Eileen). But having lived in Japan her whole life (since childhood and probably until she retires), she is often called Aiko by her Japanese friends.
- Nicknames for Aiko: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Aiko: | Edit
Japanese for "beloved child".
From Japanese 愛 (ai) "love, affection" and 子 (ko) "child".
- Famous real-life people named Aiko: | Edit
Princess Aiko, daughter of the Crown Prince and Princess of Japan.
Olympic silver medalist Aiko Onozawa (1968, volleyball)
- Aiko in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aiko is also a popular character created by artist Otaku Mily
(full name: Rainbow Aiko Quartz)