Aimee Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aimee:
Derived from the French amee (beloved), which is from the root aimer (to love). Var: Amie, Amee, Amy.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aimee? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aimee
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Northern Ireland
- English Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England, 2010
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland, 2010
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland for 2012
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Northern Ireland for 2012
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aimee
- Comments and insights on the name Aimee: | Edit
In French, it has an accent over the first "e" (Aimée), is pronounced ay-MAY, and is, I think, especially lovely.
- Personal experiences with the name Aimee: | Edit
I love my name Aimee. It makes me feel creative about writing novels. I am confident with my name and proud of it. I thank God for my name.
- Nicknames for Aimee: | Edit
Aim,meme, Aims, Eemia
- Meanings and history of the name Aimee: | Edit
Aimée is french for "loved", as in "she is loved"
French form of AMY
- Famous real-life people named Aimee: | Edit
Aimee Mann, American singer-songwriter
Aimee Bender, American novelist and short story writer
Aimee Nezhukumatathil, American poet
Aimee Semple McPherson, an evangelist
Aimee Osbourne, daughter of Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne
Aimee Allen, American singer-songwriter
Aimee Richardson- actress on Game of Thrones
Aimee Teagarden- American actress
- Aimee in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aimee Gillespie, a character in the kid's book series "From The Files of Madison Finn"
Aimee Finicky, a character from Tim Tharp's novel, "The Spectacular Now", and played by Shailene Woodley in the film adaptation of the same name