Airis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Iris:
A name of two distinct derivations in use throughout Europe and the British Isles. In England, Iris is one of the flower names and is derived from the genus Iris. Elsewhere in Europe, it is generally taken from Iris, the mythological Greek goddess of the rainbow.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Airis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Airis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Airis
- Comments and insights on the name Airis: | Edit
The name Airis is pronounce air like air the English word and is just like the English word is... its sounds like just how its spelled
- Personal experiences with the name Airis: | Edit
I have a daughter named Airis and so many people complement her name because it is so different...
- Nicknames for Airis: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Airis: | Edit
The name derived from the name Iris ...the meaning of it is beautiful and gentle one... a person who caries this name is usually a beautiful girl who is usally very sweet and smiles a lot
- Famous real-life people named Airis: | Edit
- Airis in song, story & screen: | Edit