Aisling Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisling:
Derived from the Irish aisling (dream, vision, day-dream). The name has been Anglicized as Esther.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aisling? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aisling
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland 2014
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland, 2010
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aisling
- Comments and insights on the name Aisling: | Edit
The name Aisling is pronounced Ash-ling. sort of like Ashley but with ing on the end.
I thought it would be pronounced AYZ-ling. Which I think is pretty.
- Personal experiences with the name Aisling: | Edit
I'm thinking about writing a short book with a character named Aisling. The name sounds to me like it could be modern or old. Anyway, I think it's a very pretty name.
- Nicknames for Aisling: | Edit
Ash, Ashe, Gnilsia
- Meanings and history of the name Aisling: | Edit
Means "dream" or "vision" in Irish Gaelic. This name was created in the 20th century.
- Famous real-life people named Aisling: | Edit
Aisling Bea (1984-), actress
- Aisling in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aisling is in a series of books by Katie Macalister.