Aixa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisha:
Derived from the Arabic 'Āisha (alive and well), which is from 'āsha (to live). The name is borne by the Prophet Muhammad's third and favorite wife.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Aixa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aixa
- Comments and insights on the name Aixa: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Aixa: | Edit
Used most often in Spanish-speaking cultures.
- Nicknames for Aixa: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Aixa: | Edit
Hebrew, "God the Father is peace"
- Famous real-life people named Aixa: | Edit
Aixa, spouse of Muhammed XI and of Abu l-Hasan Ali, and the mother of Muhammad XII.
- Aixa in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!