Alanis Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alanis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alanis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alanis
- Comments and insights on the name Alanis: | Edit
Alanis contains the same letters as Salina.
PRONOUNCED: ə-LAN-is, ah-LA-nis or uh-LA-nis
- Personal experiences with the name Alanis: | Edit
Alanis (uh-LA-nis) is my maiden name, and we gave it to our daughter. It is lyrical, unique, and manages to be both pretty and strong. She loves it.
- Nicknames for Alanis: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Alanis: | Edit
Feminine form of ALAN. Canadian musician Alanis Morissette (1974-) was named after her father Alan. Her parents apparently decided to use this particular spelling after seeing this word in a Greek newspaper.
Also a Latin surname: Alanis or Alaniz
- Famous real-life people named Alanis: | Edit
Alanis Morissette, singer
Alanis, Niall Horan fan
- Alanis in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!