Aleida Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aleida? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aleida
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleida
- Comments and insights on the name Aleida: | Edit
PRONOUNCED: ah-LIE-dah (Dutch)
- Personal experiences with the name Aleida: | Edit
My name Aleida is pronounced uh-lEE-thuh because of Spanish roots, which can be annoying when people look at my name and assume it has a hard 'D'. I've had a lot of correcting to do!
- Nicknames for Aleida: | Edit
Ahlie, Lia, Ala
- Meanings and history of the name Aleida: | Edit
From the Latin "Alida" meaning "Small winged one."
This is a Dutch and German short form of Adelaide.
- Famous real-life people named Aleida: | Edit
Ernesto "Che" Gueverra's daughter's name; also the name of his second wife (Aleida March)
Marieke Aleida Westerhof (1974- ) won a silver medal iat the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia.
Laura Aleida Sánchez Soto (1985- ) is a female diver from Mexico.
- Aleida in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!