Aleka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aleka? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aleka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleka
- Comments and insights on the name Aleka: | Edit
Interesting without being weird.
- Personal experiences with the name Aleka: | Edit
Very well recieved. Different enough from Alexandra that the connection isn't usually made.
- Nicknames for Aleka: | Edit
Ally, Ali, Al, Leka,
- Meanings and history of the name Aleka: | Edit
Derived from Alexandra, meaning 'defender of mankind'
- Famous real-life people named Aleka: | Edit
Several famous Greek figures, such as politician Aleka Papariga, and various models.
- Aleka in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!