Aleka: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Aleka | Girls
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aleka? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleka
- Comments and insights on the name Aleka: | Edit
Interesting without being weird.
- Personal experiences with the name Aleka: | Edit
Very well recieved. Different enough from Alexandra that the connection isn't usually made.
- Nicknames for Aleka: | Edit
Ally, Ali, Al, Leka,
- Meanings and history of the name Aleka: | Edit
Derived from Alexandra, meaning 'defender of mankind'
- Famous real-life people named Aleka: | Edit
Several famous Greek figures, such as politician Aleka Papariga, and various models.
- Aleka in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!