Alexie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Alexie
Origin of the name Alexandria:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alexie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alexie
- Comments and insights on the name Alexie: | Edit
Pronounced Uh lex ee
- Personal experiences with the name Alexie: | Edit
- Nicknames for Alexie: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Alexie: | Edit
Variant of Alexandria, Alexandra, Alexis, Alexa meaning defender of mankind.
- Famous real-life people named Alexie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Alexie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Author Sherman Alexie