Alexie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Alexie
Origin of the name Alexandria:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alexie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alexie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alexie
- Comments and insights on the name Alexie: | Edit
Pronounced Uh lex ee
- Personal experiences with the name Alexie: | Edit
- Nicknames for Alexie: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Alexie: | Edit
Variant of Alexandria, Alexandra, Alexis, Alexa meaning defender of mankind.
- Famous real-life people named Alexie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Alexie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Author Sherman Alexie