Aliana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alana:
Feminine form of Alan, an old name of Breton origin but of uncertain meaning. Some believe it ot mean "handsome"; others promote the possibility that it is from a Celtic word meaning "rock."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aliana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aliana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aliana
- Comments and insights on the name Aliana: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Aliana: | Edit
I have a child with this name.
Aliana is my name
- Nicknames for Aliana: | Edit
Ali (ah-lee) , Lia, Ana, Alia
- Meanings and history of the name Aliana: | Edit
It derives from the Arabic Ali which means noble, sublime, elevated, exalted, lofty. It has Italian and Latin origins
Variant of Alyona or Eliana or possibly a combination of ALI and ANA.
It has a Latin meaning of noble and gracious
- Famous real-life people named Aliana: | Edit
- Aliana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aliana is a modified version of the name Aliena from the book, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett