Alisa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alisa:
A variant form of Alicia (nobility). Variant form of Alice (nobility), a name which evolved through a series of variants from the Germanic Adalheidis (noble one, nobility). Alternatively, the name Alyssa can be derived from the name of the alyssum flower. Var: Alicia, Alycia, Alyssa. Pet: Ali.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alisa
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland 2014
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia 2014
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland, 2010
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland for 2012
- Estonian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Estonia 2014
- Belarusian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belarus 2014
- Estonian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Estonia
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alisa
- Comments and insights on the name Alisa: | Edit
OTHER SCRIPTS: Алиса (Russian)
PRONOUNCED: ah-LEE-sah (Russian), AH-lee-sah (Finnish)
- Personal experiences with the name Alisa: | Edit
Ailsa and Alisa are anagrams of each other; both contain the same letters.
I named my daughter Alisa Ann in the 70's. Paul Anka remade the song Monalisa back then and I loved the song. Mon means my in French and I loved the name Lisa but wanted it to match with my mother's middle name Ann. So I really thought back then that I alone had made up the name Alisa, and now various spellings of the name are very popular. She has always loved the fact that Alisa means "noble" and loves her grandma's middle name. We both think it's ironic that a popular name now is her name backwards, annalisa. Both names are beautiful. I call her "Lise" most of the time.
My cousin's name is Alisa. It's a really pretty name!!
- Nicknames for Alisa: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Alisa: | Edit
Russian and Finnish form of ALICE
- Famous real-life people named Alisa: | Edit
Alisa Rosenbaum is the birth name of writer Ayn Rand.
Alisa Camplin, Olympic gold and bronze medalist in freestyle skiing (2002; 2006)
- Alisa in song, story & screen: | Edit
My parents tell me that they got my name Alisa Suzanne from the movie, "Paint Your Wagon", where Clint Eastwood sings about an imaginary girl named Alisa Suzanne.