Altea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Althea:
Derived from the Latin Althaea and the Greek Althaia, which is from althainein (to heal). The name was borne by the mythological mother of Meleager.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Altea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Altea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Altea
- Comments and insights on the name Altea: | Edit
Altea is the Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Albanian form of the name Althea.
- Personal experiences with the name Altea: | Edit
I know only two people with this name, it is very original and everyone says it sounds beautiful and very elegant: Al-teh-ah
- Nicknames for Altea: | Edit
Tea : Teh- ah
- Meanings and history of the name Altea: | Edit
There is a beautiful place in Spain named Altea: http://www.alicante-spotlight.com/costa-blanca/altea.htm
- Famous real-life people named Altea: | Edit
Altea Claveras - Actress
- Altea in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!