Altea: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Altea
Origin of the name Althea:
Derived from the Latin Althaea and the Greek Althaia, which is from althainein (to heal). The name was borne by the mythological mother of Meleager.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Altea? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Altea
- Comments and insights on the name Altea: | Edit
It is the Spanish/Portuguese/Italian version of the name Althea. Curiosity: There is a beautiful place in Spain that has that name (http://www.alicante-spotlight.com/costa-blanca/altea.htm)
- Personal experiences with the name Altea: | Edit
I know only two people with this name, it is very original and everyone says it sounds beautiful and very elegant: Al-teh-ah
- Nicknames for Altea: | Edit
Tea : Teh- ah
- Meanings and history of the name Altea: | Edit
Same as Althea
- Famous real-life people named Altea: | Edit
Altea Claveras - Actress
- Altea in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!