Amaranta: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Amaranta
Origin of the name Amarantha:
Derived from amaranth, the name of a family of colorful plants and flowers, which is derived from the Greek amarantos (unfading). In legend, the amaranth flower is an imaginary flower that never fades and never dies. Var: Amaranth.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amaranta? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amaranta
- Comments and insights on the name Amaranta: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Amaranta: | Edit
My name is Amaranta, and it's a beautiful unique name.
- Nicknames for Amaranta: | Edit
Mara, Mary, Ama, amary
- Meanings and history of the name Amaranta: | Edit
It means "Flower that never fades" in Latin.
- Famous real-life people named Amaranta: | Edit
Amaranta Leyva, actress
Amaranta Osorio, actress
Amaranta Ruiz, actress
- Amaranta in song, story & screen: | Edit
Amaranta Buendia, character in "Cien anos de soledad" "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
"Amarantine" is the name of a song sung by Enya.