Amaya: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Amaya | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amaya? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amaya
- Comments and insights on the name Amaya: | Edit
I have a cousin named Amaya Jade. I like the uniqueness and exotic vibe of her name.
My daughter's name is Amaya Skye.
- Personal experiences with the name Amaya: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Amaya: | Edit
Ama, Maya or My
- Meanings and history of the name Amaya: | Edit
Spanish/Basque for "a high place"
Japanese for "night rain"
- Famous real-life people named Amaya: | Edit
Amaya Brecher, from MTV's Real World: Hawaii
Amaya Josephine Hermann (born 2011), daughter of American actors Mariska Hargitay and Peter Hermann
- Amaya in song, story & screen: | Edit
Amaya o los vascos en el siglo VIII (Amaya, or the Basques in the eighth century) is a Romantic historical novel published in 1879 by Francisco Navarro-Villoslada, probably the most famous novel by a Navarrese author. The story is placed during the invasion of Visigothic Spain by the Moors.
Global Popularity of the Name Amaya
- #198 in United States
- #223 in Canada (Alberta)
- #267 in Canada (British Columbia)