Amira Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amira:
Feminine form of Amir, which is derived from the Arabic āmir (prince, emir), from the verb amara (to command, to rule).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amira? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amira
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2014
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2010
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amira
- Comments and insights on the name Amira: | Edit
Amari, Airam, Maria, Maira and Amira are anagrams of each other, they all contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Amira: | Edit
We have a new Amira in our extended family, and much is being made of the "Princess" meaning of her name; she is often referred to as "The Princess".
- Nicknames for Amira: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Amira: | Edit
The name Amira (or Emira) has an Arabic and Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "princess; treetop, proverb, or sheaf of corn". Feminine form of Amir( or Emir).
- Famous real-life people named Amira: | Edit
Amira Hass is an Israeli journalist and author.
Amira Casar: French actress.
Amira Willighagen: An opera singer from The Netherlands.
- Amira in song, story & screen: | Edit
Novel : The mirrors (author: Nejib Mahfouz ) / Amira is one of the main characters in the book .
"Amira.. hubbi ana" or "Amira .. my own love " Egyptian film starring " Soad Hosny and Husein Fahmi .
Egyptian series :"Embraturiyat meen" starring Hend Sabri :in which Amira is the main character .
"Niran sadika " in which Amira plays an important role.