Amity: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Amity | Girls
Origin of the name Amity:
Derived from the Middle English amite (friendship), which has its root in the Latin amicus (friend).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amity? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amity
- Comments and insights on the name Amity: | Edit
Whenever I hear this, I only think of the Amityville Horror House.
It's also the name of the city terrorized by the shark in Jaws. I think it's a great geographical name and reminds me of the Puritan era.
- Personal experiences with the name Amity: | Edit
Amity's are inteligent people, caring, free spirited, and loving creatures.
- Nicknames for Amity: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Amity: | Edit
Also means "concord" or "harmony" - synonymous with "cordiality"
- Famous real-life people named Amity: | Edit
Amity Shlaes, senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and prolific economic writer
- Amity in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Amity", song by Elliott Smith
"AmityVille" song by Eminem