Amybeth Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amy:
Derived from the Middle English Amye, which is from the Old French Aimee (beloved), a name derived from the verb aimer (to love).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amybeth? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amybeth
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amybeth
- Comments and insights on the name Amybeth: | Edit
It's a combination of the names Amy and Beth, two VERY common English names.
- Personal experiences with the name Amybeth: | Edit
It's my name.
- Nicknames for Amybeth: | Edit
Amy, Beth, A.B, Ames, Bethanie
- Meanings and history of the name Amybeth: | Edit
Amy is a French derivative of the word aimee which means "beloved". And Beth is Hebrew and short for Elizabeth. It means God is my Oath or House of God.
- Famous real-life people named Amybeth: | Edit
Amybeth McNulty - 15 year old Irish-Canadian actress, known for 'Anne With An E'
- Amybeth in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!