Anastacia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anastasia:
Feminine form of the Greek Anastasios (of the resurrection), a derivative of anastasis (resurrection). The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. However, there is some speculation that she survived the attack.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Anastacia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Anastacia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Anastacia
- Comments and insights on the name Anastacia: | Edit
It's my name and it's pronounced 'aeN - aeS - TEY - ZJHah'.
- Personal experiences with the name Anastacia: | Edit
- Nicknames for Anastacia: | Edit
Ana, Acia, Nas, Nash, Stash, Sasha, Stacy, Stace, Stacey, Anastash, Tacha, Tash, Tasha, Tacia, Cia
- Meanings and history of the name Anastacia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Anastacia: | Edit
Anastacia Lyn Newkirk, Anastacia Mazzone
- Anastacia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Grand Duchess Anastacia Nikolaevna of Russia, Anastacia Nicholeacna Romanov, Anastacia is one of Cinderella's stepsisters in the Disney film.
Anastacia, 50 Shades of Gray
Anastacia Krupnik, children's novel, Anastasia 1997 animated film.
Anastasia 1956 American historical drama film.