Andie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Andie
Origin of the name Andrea:
English feminine form of the Greek Andreas, which is derived from the element andros (man).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Andie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andie
- Comments and insights on the name Andie: | Edit
This is the female version of the androgynous (unisex) name Andy (short for Andrea, Andrew, etc.)
- Personal experiences with the name Andie: | Edit
my daughter is named Andie and she is very much a little tom boy.
My sister's name is Andrea, but we always call her Andie.
- Nicknames for Andie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Andie: | Edit
Its greek for man, manly, warrior. Its also English for man, manly, warrior.
- Famous real-life people named Andie: | Edit
- Andie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Andie McPhee, beloved character from Dawson's Creek