Andriette: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Andriette
Origin of the name Andrea:
English feminine form of the Greek Andreas, which is derived from the element andros (man).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Andriette? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andriette
- Comments and insights on the name Andriette: | Edit
I have seen other women with this name, usually from South Africa, Australia, Sweden. I have also seen it as a last name.
- Personal experiences with the name Andriette: | Edit
It is my name. My mother says she found it in a dictionary. I have only met one other Andriette in this country. My nickname is Ann. People often do not hear the -ette since they expect to hear it as Andrea. The "a" is pronounced as a short vowel and the name rhymes with Bernadette and Hariette.
- Nicknames for Andriette: | Edit
Ann, Annie, Andi
- Meanings and history of the name Andriette: | Edit
Feminine from Andrew, which is "masculine", so I would assume means feminine. Andriette Nobel, was the mother of Alfred Nobel.
- Famous real-life people named Andriette: | Edit
Andriette Nobel. Andriette Norman
- Andriette in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!