Angelina: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Angelina | Girls
Origin of the name Angelina:
Latinate variant of Angel or Angela (messenger of God, guiding spirit).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Angelina? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Angelina
- Comments and insights on the name Angelina: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Angelina: | Edit
I changed my name to Angelina Scarlett. I just think it embodies femininity and class and suits me much better than my given name, Lucia (loo-CHEE-a, the Italian way).
- Nicknames for Angelina: | Edit
Angie, Lina, Nina, Ange, Angel, Geli, Leni, Gina, Lily, Angi(awn-he)
- Meanings and history of the name Angelina: | Edit
Angelina is a diminutive form of Angela.
Old Greek, means "Messenger of God", "Angel"
- Famous real-life people named Angelina: | Edit
Angelina Jolie, American actress
Angelina Pivarnick from the TV series Jersey Shore
Saint Angelina of Serbia, 15th century Orthodox saint
Angelina Grimké, American abolitionist and suffragist
- Angelina in song, story & screen: | Edit
Angelina, a fictional heroine in a book series in the movies Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile.
Angelina Johnson, Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.
Global Popularity of the Name Angelina
- #2 in Ukraine
- #15 in Armenia
- #28 in Austria
- #38 in Germany
- #57 in Australia (New South Wales)
- #69 in United States
- #89 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #94 in Canada (Alberta)
- #140 in Canada (Quebec)
- #253 in Norway