Angharad Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Angharad? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Angharad
Contribute your knowledge to the name Angharad
- Comments and insights on the name Angharad: | Edit
Unusual name, not very girly-sounding.
It is pronounced an-HAR-ad.
I live in North Wales and all the Angharads I know pronounce it ahnG-HArad.
- Personal experiences with the name Angharad: | Edit
I would have used this name for a daughter but only had boys.
- Nicknames for Angharad: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Angharad: | Edit
Name is Welsh, means 'much-loved'; Angharad was the mother of Geraldus Cambrensis.
- Famous real-life people named Angharad: | Edit
Angharad Rees (b.1949), Actress
Angharad Davis, musicologist
Angharad Drake, musician
- Angharad in song, story & screen: | Edit
Favourite sister of the protagonist in "How Green Was My Valley".
It also appeared in a fiction story I read where the father accepted his daughter's suitor because he could pronounce Angharad.
Angharad Crewe, nicknamed Harry, main character in The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley