Angie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Angie
Origin of the name Angela:
Latinate form of Angel, a name derived from the vocabulary word angel (divine messenger, a messenger of God) which has its root in the Greek angelos (messenger). Var: Angela, Angele, Angella, Anngele. Pet: Angie.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Angie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Angie
- Comments and insights on the name Angie: | Edit
The name of a Guardian.
- Personal experiences with the name Angie: | Edit
Close friend of Samantha. Guardian of Kayleen.
- Nicknames for Angie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Angie: | Edit
Of Greek origin, meaning "Messenger of God".
- Famous real-life people named Angie: | Edit
Angie Hart - an Australian pop singer best known for her role as lead vocalist in the band Frente
- Angie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Angie Lopez - one of the main characters in the television series, George Lopez.
"Angie", song by Cobra Starship
"Angie", song by The Rolling Stones
"Angie", song by Tory Amos (The Rolling Stones cover)