Ania: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ania
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ania? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ania
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ania
- Comments and insights on the name Ania: | Edit
* Ania (genus), a genus of terrestrial orchids.
* Ania (moth), a genus of geometer moths
- Personal experiences with the name Ania: | Edit
My middle name is Ania, but sometimes my brothers call me Ania instead of Rosalyne (my first name). All of my siblings names start with R, so my parents looked to find interesting names, first and middle. I notice how often it is wrongly pronounced. My name is pronounced
Rose-a-leen A-nī-ə. Sorry for bad English, im English but choose to speak French instead
- Nicknames for Ania: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Ania: | Edit
* Ania \a-nia\ as a girl's name is of Polish and Slavic origin, and the meaning of Ania is "grace".
* Polish form of the given name Anya.
* Polish diminutive of the name Anna
- Famous real-life people named Ania: | Edit
* Ania Dąbrowska - Polish singer and composer
- Ania in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!