Annastasia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Annastasia
Origin of the name Anastasia:
Feminine form of the Greek Anastasios (of the resurrection), a derivative of anastasis (resurrection). The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. However, there is some speculation that she survived the attack.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Annastasia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Annastasia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Annastasia
- Comments and insights on the name Annastasia: | Edit
Its a beatuiful name for a young lady
- Personal experiences with the name Annastasia: | Edit
This is my name and I've had a great experience with it. I've received compliments my whole life about my name. The only issue is that it is a long name with an alternative spelling. This created some confusion, but nothing overly annoying.
- Nicknames for Annastasia: | Edit
Anna. Annie. Stacy. Stasia. Stas.
- Meanings and history of the name Annastasia: | Edit
Its is Hebrew and means Resurrection
- Famous real-life people named Annastasia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Annastasia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Roman princess was like this name only it was sppeled with only one n