Annelle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ann:
The English form of Anna (gracious, full of grace and mercy). In medieval Christian tradition, the name assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary, as Joachim was assigned to her father. Var: Anna, Anne. Pet: Annie. (an)
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Annelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Annelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Annelle
- Comments and insights on the name Annelle: | Edit
A compression of the more popular names Ann and Nell
- Personal experiences with the name Annelle: | Edit
Used as a middle name, passed down from another generation (the two stem names).
- Nicknames for Annelle: | Edit
Anne, Annie, Nell, and Nelly
- Meanings and history of the name Annelle: | Edit
Going off the meaning of the two stem words - gracious and light?
- Famous real-life people named Annelle: | Edit
Anel, telenovela actress
Nickname of Anne Frank
- Annelle in song, story & screen: | Edit
Call me and I'll sing it to you!
Annelle Dupuy, character in the movie 'Steel Magnolias'