Annelle: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Annelle
Origin of the name Ann:
The English form of Anna (gracious, full of grace and mercy). In medieval Christian tradition, the name assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary, as Joachim was assigned to her father. Var: Anna, Anne. Pet: Annie. (an)
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Annelle? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Annelle
- Comments and insights on the name Annelle: | Edit
A compression of the more popular names Ann and Nell
- Personal experiences with the name Annelle: | Edit
Used as a middle name, passed down from another generation (the two stem names).
- Nicknames for Annelle: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Annelle: | Edit
Going off the meaning of the two stem words - gracious and light?
- Famous real-life people named Annelle: | Edit
Anel, telenovela actress
- Annelle in song, story & screen: | Edit
Call me and I'll sing it to you!
Annelle Dupuy, character in the movie 'Steel Magnolias'