Anni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anna:
Anna is a Latinate variant of the French Anne, a cognate of the Hebrew Hannah (gracious, full of grace).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Anni? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Anni
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland 2014
- German Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Germany 2014
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland, 2010
- Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland for 2012
- German Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Germany
Contribute your knowledge to the name Anni
- Comments and insights on the name Anni: | Edit
Aina, Anni, Inna, Nina, and Nain are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Anni: | Edit
Having to deal with people thinking your name is Annie, constant misspellings, etc.
- Nicknames for Anni: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Anni: | Edit
German, Finnish and Swedish pet form of Anna. Also a derivative of the name "Honor" - pronounced "Ah-nee".
- Famous real-life people named Anni: | Edit
Ani DiFranco, singer/songwriter
Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Norwegian-born singer from the '70s band ABBA
Anni Friesinger-Postma, German speed-skater who competed in the Olympics.
- Anni in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!