Annie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Annie
Origin of the name Annie:
Pet form of Anne and Anna (gracious, full of grace).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Annie? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Annie
- Comments and insights on the name Annie: | Edit
Annie can also be short for Annabelle, Annalise, or Anita.
There is a sweet-smelling herb called Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua).
- Personal experiences with the name Annie: | Edit
I named my first daughter Annie. It's a sweet girly name. I love this name!
- Nicknames for Annie: | Edit
I call my sister Anz :)
Ann, Anna, Annie-Ann, Annie Bananie, Annie-bell, Anster, Anners
- Meanings and history of the name Annie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Annie: | Edit
Annie Oakley, female sharpshooter
- Annie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Annie Get Your Gun, musical
Little Orphan Annie, comic strip
"Annie Hall," a Woody Allen movie
"Annie Waits", a song by Ben Folds
Annie Wilson, character on the TV series 90210
Annie, subject of the Michael Jackson song "Smooth Criminal"
"Annie" a song by Vanessa Carlton off her sophmore album, "Harmonium"
Annie Porter, in the 1994 hit movie "Speed"
Annie Walker, a CIA operative in the television series "Covert Affairs"
Annie Camden, the wife and mom on "7th Heaven"
Annie Banks-MacKenzie, Daughter from the "Father of the Bride" movies
Annie Cresta from the Hunger Games
Name Lists Featuring Annie
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Northern Ireland
- Armenian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Armenia
- Armenian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Armenia, 2010
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden, 2010