Aoibheann Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aoibheann? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aoibheann
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland 2014
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Northern Ireland 2014
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland, 2010
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aoibheann
- Comments and insights on the name Aoibheann: | Edit
Irish Pronunciation: EE-Van.
The name Aoibheann actually means "beautiful radiance" such as fire or the sun.
If I have a daughter I want to name her Aoibheann, I think it is a beautiful name and I think the spelling adds to its charm <3
- Personal experiences with the name Aoibheann: | Edit
I have a little sister name Aoibheann, and everyone she meets finds the name beautiful and attention-grabbing. Although the spelling is complicated to learn, once people master it they say that the name wouldn't be the same without the spelling.
My name is Aoibheann and to be honest I wouldn't change it for the world. Everyone comments on how beautiful it is which I love. Yes there is the initial difficulty with spelling and pronunciation with most people but I love my name so much and everyone wlse does too.
- Nicknames for Aoibheann: | Edit
My name is Aoibheann and everyone calls me Abs, but I'm also called Oi-Bean, Bean, V, Avers, Veeny etc etc
I know an Aoibheann who we call "Aoibhs", "Aoibh" or "Aoibhy"
- Meanings and history of the name Aoibheann: | Edit
This name is Irish and is pronounced "eve+een". It means "pleasant", "beautiful" and "of radiant beauty". It's literal interpretation in Irish is, "little Eve".
- Famous real-life people named Aoibheann: | Edit
Aoibheann Sweeney, Author.
The name of the mother of Saint Enda.
- Aoibheann in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!