Apollonia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Apollonia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Apollonia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Apollonia
- Comments and insights on the name Apollonia: | Edit
The French form is Apolline.
- Personal experiences with the name Apollonia: | Edit
My parents told me I was named after 'a princess'. I later found out they had actually gotten the name from Apollonia Kotero, who they knew only as Prince's girlfriend in the 80s.
I like the name, but some people try and stress every syllable and it sounds a bit of a mouthful. I prefer when people say APP-uh-loh-nya, rather than APP-pull-OH-nee-ah.
- Nicknames for Apollonia: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Apollonia: | Edit
Female form of the Greek name Apollo. The meaning is disputed.
- Famous real-life people named Apollonia: | Edit
St. Apollonia of Alexandria, patron of toothache sufferers
Apollonia, singer, model and actress (born Patricia Kotero)
- Apollonia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Character in The Godfather: Stunningly beautiful girl Michael Corleone meets and marries while hiding in Sicily