Ariana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ariana:
Derived from the Welsh element arian (silver).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ariana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ariana
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (New South Wales) 2014
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria) 2014
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand 2014
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Queensland)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ariana
- Comments and insights on the name Ariana: | Edit
I prefer Arianna.
Ariana is my name and I loved it, it is also the name of one of my favorite artist, Ariana Grande
Ariana and Naiara are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Ariana: | Edit
This is my name. I'm 14 and I love it! I havnt met anyone else with my name and I think its pretty. I'm glad my parents chose it for me. Both my sisters and I have named starting with the letter 'A'; Alexandra (Alex), April and Ariana.
i love the name Ariana. one of my favorite celebrities is Ariana Grande too! if i ever changed my name or if i ever have a daughter,Ariana would be one of my top choices
I don't like my name. I'm pronounced as Air-ee-ana, but everyone says it as Ahr-ee-ana. Not to mention the whole Ariana Grande thing. I swear, every time my name was called in school the first day, there'd be someone who'd say "Like Ariana Grande?" My brother has also informed me that the name sounds like (in his words), "one of those mean white girls who bullies you in middle school." Although, it is pretty. So if you like it, you do you.
- Nicknames for Ariana: | Edit
Ari, Ana, Aria, Nana(Nah-Nah, Riana, Air
- Meanings and history of the name Ariana: | Edit
Means very holy
- Famous real-life people named Ariana: | Edit
Ariana Grande, American singer, actress and model
Ariana Richards, American actress, star of Jurassic Park
Ariana Renee Trejos, Musical.ly star, known as TheyLoveArii
Arianna Huffington of Huffington Post fame
- Ariana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ariana Dumbledore, sister to Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series
L'Arianna, a lost opera by Claudio Monteverdi
Arianna, a 1995 opera by Alexander Goehr
Ariane et Barbe-Bleue, an opera by Paul Dukas
Ariana Grande, underated singer. << Don't you mean overrated?