Ariana: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ariana
Origin of the name Ariana:
Derived from the Welsh element arian (silver).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ariana? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ariana
- Comments and insights on the name Ariana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Ariana: | Edit
This is my name. I'm 14 and I love it! I havnt met anyone else with my name and I think its pretty. I'm glad my parents chose it for me. Both my sisters and I have named starting with the letter 'A'; Alexandra (Alex), April and Ariana.
- Nicknames for Ariana: | Edit
Ari, Ana, Aria, Nana(Nah-Nah, Riana
- Meanings and history of the name Ariana: | Edit
Means very holy
- Famous real-life people named Ariana: | Edit
Ariana Grande, American singer, actress and model
Ariana Richards, American actress, star of Jurassic Park
- Ariana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ariana Dumbledore, sister to Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series
L'Arianna, a lost opera by Claudio Monteverdi
Arianna, a 1995 opera by Alexander Goehr