Ashton: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ashton
Origin of the name Ashton:
Transferred use of the surname meaning "belonging to Ashton." The name originated from the English place-name, which is composed of the elements æsc (ash tree) and tūn (town, settlement, village).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ashton? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ashton
- Comments and insights on the name Ashton: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Ashton: | Edit
My sister's name is Ashton(1987). We didn't know any others growing up. On paper, she was often mistaken for a boy. She is sometimes mistakenly called "Ashley."
- Nicknames for Ashton: | Edit
Ash, Ashie, Asht
- Meanings and history of the name Ashton: | Edit
it originated in England in the 1800's. Means "sassy"/"strong"
- Famous real-life people named Ashton: | Edit
(Christopher) Ashton Kutcher, American actor
Ashton Eaton, American athlete (decathalon) in the Summer 2012 Olympics
- Ashton in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ash Ketchum, Pokemon trainer