Auryn Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Auryn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Auryn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Auryn
- Comments and insights on the name Auryn: | Edit
Auryn is a gender neutral name, commonly used only as a feminine name in the USA, elsewhere it is also a name given to boys.
Celtic in origin, particularly Scottish. Means 'golden'. Pronounced 'Orin', the 'Au' sounds just like the 'au' in 'August'
If given to a boy be prepared for him to be called 'Aaron' instead by people who can't be bothered to read properly.
- Personal experiences with the name Auryn: | Edit
My son is called Auryn. My midwife's brother-in-law was also called Auryn (Scottish)
- Nicknames for Auryn: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Auryn: | Edit
Means 'golden' from the Latin 'Aurum' meaning gold.
- Famous real-life people named Auryn: | Edit
Spanish boy band called AURYN after the name of the talisman in the film Never Ending Story.
- Auryn in song, story & screen: | Edit
Film - Never Ending Story
Pop band - AURYN