Avery: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Avery
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Avery? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Avery
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (British Columbia)
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta)
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Saskatchewan)
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta), 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (British Columbia), 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Saskatchewan), 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (British Columbia) for 2013
Contribute your knowledge to the name Avery
- Comments and insights on the name Avery: | Edit
Alternate Spelling: Averie, Averi, Averey, Avary, Avari, Avarie
According to the baby name book "Cool Names" by Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz, Avery is "cooler" than the names Ava and Avis.
The name Avery is #15 on the list of top 100 cool baby girl names in the baby name book "Cool Names" by Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz.
my new little cousin's name is Avery and i think its soooo cute. she's about 5 months old. her middle name is Lynn and i think my aunt and uncle did a great job picking out her name
- Personal experiences with the name Avery: | Edit
My sister's name is Avery, and she's in her late 20's. She finds it a bit jarring to have grown up with a rare and unusual name, only to now hear "Avery, stop that!" and "Avery, be nice or we're going home!" in the grocery store, at parks, etc. You think you're being a trendsetter for picking this name? Please. Be original and pick something that's just beginning to rise on the trend graph, like my parents did, then bask in the glory of being ahead of the curve!
My daughter's name is Avery, and I get SO many compliments. Everyone stops, repeats it, and smiles. I LOVE that I picked this name. The only downfall so far is that as a 2 year old, it is very difficult for her to say. She calls herself "rae-ree".
I have 3 year old twins and i named them Aaron and Avery they get SO many compliments, especially Avery they love it!
I Have A 3 Month Old Daughter And I Get Lots And Lots Of Compliments On The Name. People Always Go Awwww Thats So Cute When I Tell Them.
I think the name Avery is beautiful for a girl! I don't have a child yet, but if I have a girl I will name her Avery. It was originally a boy's name but has evolved and become a lovely girl's name; like Shelby, Morgan, Addison, Riley etc... the list goes on and on! It is great for a boy too. I just thought I should speak up I didn't want someone to pass by this gorgeous name because of one person's opinion.
- Nicknames for Avery: | Edit
Ava, Ave, Avie, Aves, Aver
- Meanings and history of the name Avery: | Edit
From the surname, descended from a medieval form of Alfred.
French, means: Elf gathering
English, means: Magical counsel
- Famous real-life people named Avery: | Edit
The Hanson brothers have a younger sister named Avery Laurel.
- Avery in song, story & screen: | Edit
Avery Bishop (Kelly Preston) is the girlfriend that "Jerry Maguire" (Tom Cruise) breaks up with near the beginning of the movie.
Avery Donaghy. Jack Donaghy's wife on the NBC comedy show "30 Rock"
Avery Coldon, character in the movie "Follow the Prophet"