Avila Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Avila? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Avila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Avila
- Comments and insights on the name Avila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Avila: | Edit
My name is Avila, and that's pretty much my favorite name. And I'm glad that I've been named Avila, because it sounds so badass.
- Nicknames for Avila: | Edit
Avie, Vila, Vi-vi, Aves
- Meanings and history of the name Avila: | Edit
Avila is a city in Spain, a beach in California, and a university in Missouri. It's also a Spanish and Portuguese surname.
Pronounced: AH-vuh-luh; Sp. AH-vee-lah
- Famous real-life people named Avila: | Edit
Saint Teresa of Ávila, 16th Century Spanish mystic and religious reformer.
- Avila in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Avila" by The Wailin' Jennys.
Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano from the book series Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan