Avonlea: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Avonlea
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Avonlea? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Avonlea
- Comments and insights on the name Avonlea: | Edit
Avonlea is the name of Canadian village in which the "Anne of Green Gables" books written by Lucy Maud Montgomery are set. The books inspired the Canadian spin-off series "Tales of Avonlea" and "Road to Avonlea."
- Personal experiences with the name Avonlea: | Edit
Favorite show as a child.
From another poster: "Anne of Green Gables" was my favorite book as a child, and I so wanted to live in Avonlea.
- Nicknames for Avonlea: | Edit
Ava could be a nickname. I like this alternative spelling: Avenleigh
Lea or Lea-lea. I like the alternative spelling Avenly
Avi or Av work well
- Meanings and history of the name Avonlea: | Edit
"A return to childlike faith, simple beauty, noble purity, and compassion for the least"
- Famous real-life people named Avonlea: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Avonlea in song, story & screen: | Edit
The setting, on Prince Edward Island, of "Anne of Green Gables"
"Road to Avonlea," "Tales of Avonlea"