Azaria Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Azaria:
Derived from the Hebrew Azariah (help of God). The name is borne in the Bible by a king of Judah.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Azaria? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Azaria
Contribute your knowledge to the name Azaria
- Comments and insights on the name Azaria: | Edit
OTHER SCRIPTS: עֲזַרְיָה (Ancient Hebrew)
- Personal experiences with the name Azaria: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Azaria: | Edit
Ari, Aria, Zari, Zaria, Azi
- Meanings and history of the name Azaria: | Edit
Variant of AZARIAH.
- Famous real-life people named Azaria: | Edit
Hank Azaria, actor and voice artist. He is noted for being one of the principal voice actors on the animated television series The Simpsons. He performs the voices of Moe Szyslak, Chief Wiggum, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon and numerous other characters.
Azaria Chamberlain, was a nine-week-old Australian baby who disappeared in 1980, while camping with her family.
- Azaria in song, story & screen: | Edit
"A Cry in the Dark", docudrama film that chronicles the case of Azaria Chamberlain. Meryl Streep, was nominated for an Oscar for her role.