Azariah: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Azariah
Origin of the name Azaria:
Derived from the Hebrew Azariah (help of God). The name is borne in the Bible by a king of Judah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Azariah? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Azariah
- Comments and insights on the name Azariah: | Edit
Ranked 985 for females in 2009
- Personal experiences with the name Azariah: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Azariah: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Azariah: | Edit
Azariah is a male biblical name pronounced ah-zah-RIY-uh, but as a contemporary girl's name it's generally pronounced ah-ZAH-ree-uh.
- Famous real-life people named Azariah: | Edit
Azaria Chamberlain, was a nine-week-old Australian baby who disappeared in 1980, while camping with her family.
- Azariah in song, story & screen: | Edit
"A Cry in the Dark", docudrama film that chronicles the case of Azaria Chamberlain. Meryl Streep, was nominated for an Oscar for her role.