Brianna: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Brianna
Origin of the name Brianna:
Feminine form of Brian, which is believed to be of Celtic origin and of the meaning "strength."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brianna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brianna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brianna
- Comments and insights on the name Brianna: | Edit
The feminine form of Brian.
- Personal experiences with the name Brianna: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Brianna: | Edit
Bri, Anna, Nanna, Breezy, Brizee, Brie
- Meanings and history of the name Brianna: | Edit
Is of Irish origin and means 'Strong'.
- Famous real-life people named Brianna: | Edit
Brianna Garcia-Colace, WWE wrestler (Brie Bella)
- Brianna in song, story & screen: | Edit
Brie Bella (Brianna), WWE wrestler
Brianna is the daughter of the fire eater Dustfinger in the children's series Inkheart.