Brianna: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Brianna
Origin of the name Brianna:
Feminine form of Brian, which is believed to be of Celtic origin and of the meaning "strength."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brianna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brianna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brianna
- Comments and insights on the name Brianna: | Edit
The feminine form of Brian.
- Personal experiences with the name Brianna: | Edit
I've always pronounced my name bree-ahna with a soft "a" like "aw" but I get called bree-aana like banana all the time. I'm not banana, I'm banahnah, but I do know a Brianna who's the banana type. Goes both ways though; she gets people calling her bree-awna. Bree is a good nickname. I've always liked Bree and Brianna.
- Nicknames for Brianna: | Edit
Bri, Anna, Nanna, Breezy, Brizee, Brie, Bri-Bri, B
- Meanings and history of the name Brianna: | Edit
Is of Irish origin and means 'Strong'.
- Famous real-life people named Brianna: | Edit
Brianna Garcia-Colace, WWE wrestler (Brie Bella)
- Brianna in song, story & screen: | Edit
Brie Bella (Brianna), WWE wrestler
Brianna is the daughter of the fire eater Dustfinger in the children's series Inkheart.