Briony: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Briony | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Briony? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Briony
- Comments and insights on the name Briony: | Edit
Not usually pronounced "BREE-uh-nee", as listed in the Baby Name Wizard, but "BRY-uh-nee".
This is the slightly less common spelling, but is considered just as legitimate as Bryony.
- Personal experiences with the name Briony: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Briony: | Edit
Bri, Bree, NeNe.
- Meanings and history of the name Briony: | Edit
A variation of Bryony, a plant common to the UK.
- Famous real-life people named Briony: | Edit
Briony Behets, British-Australian actress.
Briony Cole, Australian diver.
Briony McRoberts, English actress.
Briony Penn, Canadian environmentalist and politician.
Briony Stewart, Australian author and illustrator.
- Briony in song, story & screen: | Edit
Briony Campbell, character in EastEnders.
Briony Tallis, protagonist in Ian McEwan's novel "Atonement".
Briony Larkin, protagonist of Franny Billingsley's novel "Chime". It was a finalist for the National Book Award in 2011.