Britta Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Britta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Britta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Britta
- Comments and insights on the name Britta: | Edit
It's a pretty take on Brittany/Britney, one I'm surprised hasn't risen as people are looking for alternatives to Britney.
- Personal experiences with the name Britta: | Edit
I am a Britta and I've always loved my name. It's unusual but easy to spell and pronounce. Mine is from my Swedish heritage.
- Nicknames for Britta: | Edit
peanut brittle is what me and my friends call britta
- Meanings and history of the name Britta: | Edit
Swedish short form of Brigitta, from the Celtic name Brighid ('high, mighty', 'strength')
- Famous real-life people named Britta: | Edit
Britta, 4th century Christian martyr
Britta Phillips, musician and singer best known as the singing voice of Jem in the eponymous '80s animated series
- Britta in song, story & screen: | Edit
Britta is a character in the American Girls' Kirsten series (the baby sister).
Britta is a character in a James Michener book.
Britt Perry is a character in the television series "Community"
Britta named doll, Groovy Girls