Britton: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Britton
Origin of the name Brittany:
Derived from the name of the peninsula and the former province of northwestern France: hence, "from Brittany, a Breton." Var: Brittainy. Short: Britt.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Britton? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Britton
- Comments and insights on the name Britton: | Edit
- LOVE this for a girl!!
- April 2013: When we chose this name for our daughter (7 yr old), it sounded different enough from "Brittany" that we didn't think it would be an issue. We were wrong. It bugs her that people most often just assume her name is "Brittany", even when it's enunciated clearly.
- Personal experiences with the name Britton: | Edit
Have seen it on TV and on multiple children in the past year or two. Will be using it if we have another daughter.
- Nicknames for Britton: | Edit
Britt, Britty, Bri, Toni
- Meanings and history of the name Britton: | Edit
A traditional English male name, derived from "a Breton." In recent years parents have occasionally used it for girls, apparently as an "updating" of Brittany.
- Famous real-life people named Britton: | Edit
Britton Grace Jones, one-fifth of the Jones quintuplets made famous on the TLC reality television show, Quints By Surprise. Parents are Ethan and Casey Jones. Older sister, Eliot McKenna. The rest of the quints are Brooklyn Faith, Jack William, Lila Addison and Ryan Elizabeth.
- Britton in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!