Calandre Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Calandre
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calandre
- Comments and insights on the name Calandre: | Edit
Pronounced Cuh-lan-druh. I named her Calandre Anne and we call her Callie Anne or Callieanna.
- Personal experiences with the name Calandre: | Edit
I am a Calandre and it is always a conversation starter. People always ask how to pronounce it, then comment how pretty it is. They also want to know where it came from. It is Greek for Lark which fits, my mother calls me her song bird. I love my name even if I go by Callie more often.
- Nicknames for Calandre: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Calandre: | Edit
Greek for Lark, a song bird.
- Famous real-life people named Calandre: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Calandre in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is a Spanish song called La Calandria. Its about the Lark. My fiance is El Salvadorian and his parents call me Calandria because it is easier for them to pronounce.