Calla: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Calla
Origin of the name Calla:
Pet form of any of the names beginning with the element Cal-. Alternatively, Calla is borrowed from the type of lily prized for its beauty.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calla? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calla
- Comments and insights on the name Calla: | Edit
The Calla lily is a particularly elegant flower, which reinforces the elegance of the name! Nice subtle choice for an Easter baby.
- Personal experiences with the name Calla: | Edit
My daughter's name is Calla and she is exactly as her name says - BEAUTIFUL - as her aunt put it "a supermodel baby" in terms of looks and a little lady in terms of manners.
- Nicknames for Calla: | Edit
Cali, Cal, Al, Allie, Calla-Lily
- Meanings and history of the name Calla: | Edit
Calla is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "beautiful".
- Famous real-life people named Calla: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Calla in song, story & screen: | Edit
Main character in the novel "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder" by Rebecca Wells