Calogera Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calogera? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calogera
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calogera
- Comments and insights on the name Calogera: | Edit
Pronounced Ca-lo-dia, an Italian family name.
- Personal experiences with the name Calogera: | Edit
My great-aunt was named Calogera, and her family was from Sicily. She suspects it would translate into Claudia or Gloria. She was called Clara as a nickname.
- Nicknames for Calogera: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Calogera: | Edit
This name is also spelled Kalogera, and is Greek for "a good old age".
Italian. Feminine form of masculine "Calogero," which in turn is from the Late Latin name 'Calogerus,' which meant "Beautiful Elder." Greek 'καλος' (kalos) "Beautiful," and 'γερων' (geron) equals "Old Man, Elder." The feminine form is "Calogera."
- Famous real-life people named Calogera: | Edit
Saint Calogero, (the Hermit)-- is the patron saint of the Sicilian Village of Villalba, Italy and surrounding rural area. His feast day is June 18.
- Calogera in song, story & screen: | Edit
Calogero "C" Anello-- main character of the 1993 film "A Bronx Tale." Played by Lilo Brancato.